The latest coverage of the last 24Seven Challenge 2009 in TriathletesWorld.co.uk magazine - March 2010

(Top left is yours truly!!)


Monday 28 September 2009

Stepping it up

Ive been for a run yesterday (proper outdoor running!) and then this evening Ive been back in the gym after a break of about a week. Im a bit achey, but thought its about time I pushed it a bit - after all there are only 11 days to go!!!!!!



Im getting all excited about it now - still a little dissappointed that Im not going to get the sponsorship I managed last year (but I guess a global recession is as good an excuse as any!).



Its weird this year, as Im obviously more distant from the CLIC Sargent side of things than I was last year. For our family, life is moving along, I wont say "normal" because we wont have that again, but relatively and in a really positive way its "ordinary" at the moment. Im not so "raw" about everything and Grace has moved on in a way I never could have imagined (and sometimes still cant!)

Certain things still "trip me up" and having done last years challenge I have no doubt that half-way through it will probabley get me again - but I may be a little more ready for it this time.......



Today I heard someone talking about breast cancer and she was really angry and resentful about the disease and I really "got that" today. Ive never felt that way up until now - I suppose it takes up too much energy and I havent had that luxury until now, but at the moment I do HATE leukaemia with a passion - just for what its meant for us, how it mucks stuff up.........



but I guess as someone really clever once said,

"life is what happens while you're busy making plans!"


As long as that hatred gets channelled into things - work, training, just 5 minutes, then I'll live with that - Im certainly not going to let it ruin the rest of our lives.


Well, there are the musings of a mad woman - I put it down to post-birthday blues, pre-race nerves and too much caffeine!

No comments: